Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love, Love, Love.


Valentines day. What a loaded holiday. I think that just about everyone has different opinions on Valentines day. Some of us are indifferent, its just another day, while others would rather sleep through the entire day and wake up on the 15th, wanting to vomit at the sight of roses and chocolate and couples holding hands. And then there are those of us who just love it. Who love… loving. Whether that be a significant other, friends, family, life, you name it. Now me? Ha. If you know me, you already know what kind of person I am… I like Valentines day! And don’t think that its just because I have been in a relationship for the past few Valentines days. Its because I love loving, I love caring for other people. I love making people feel special. What can I say, im kind of a hopeless romantic. Lame, I know. Anyways. Back to the point. Love. I feel like love is something that has been blown up by Hollywood with false hope that will never fail to dissapoint. I mean, you have girls all over the world who are watching chick flicks about men flying across the world to meet the love of his life, or falling in love with a stranger, love at first sight, you know the deal. Don’t get me wrong, if anyone loves chick flicks im the first one to admit it. I absolutely love them. But do they really portray what it means to fall in love? Especially from a Christian perspective… it really messes people up. You have relationships that solely focus on the feelings, if you're not having sex its not normal, your significant other doesn’t act like Noah from the Notebook or Prince Charming and wants to gush to the world his emotions, he automatically flawed. But is that really love? Do any of these movies portray what it really means to fall in love with someone? What does it mean to be in  love? Love is a crazy thing, and something that I can honestly say has been in my life. It’s the best feeling and losing it is the worst. One thing that I have learned, is that love is so much more than a feeling. Love is a knowledge. Love what still lingers no matter what life throws your way. After all the gushy feelings and butterflies fade, love is what keeps you connected, what carries you through at the end of the day. Love means putting that person first, but putting God before each other, always. And through putting God first, you help each other grow through the best and the worst of life. Their happiness becomes your best interest and sometimes you have to give and not expect anything in return. There are so many ups and downs to a relationship, and its never perfect of course. A perfect relationship is unheard of. 
The funny thing about love is that the best love, the best relationship, the only love that will always satisfy without fail, is the love of God. Honestly, how much more perfect of a love can you get? This is someone who loves you no matter what you do- cheat, steal, lie, murder, you name it. This is someone who legitimately got nailed to a cross, crucified, so that we could have life and be forgiven. There is absolutely nothing on this earth more satisfying than Him, only he can quench the most unquenchable thirst, only he can give you lasting happiness and satisfaction that you cant get from anything on this earth. Am I saying that if you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that you will always be happy? Of course not. We live in a messed up world, and nothing here will ever be perfect or happy all the time. But what I am saying is that a relationship with the only one who is perfect can and will be the best thing that you have in this world, and that’s a promise. Don’t believe me? Read it yourself. Im giving you a link to the Fathers Love Letter, a letter from Him to us, derived straight from verses in the bible, not altered or changed in any way. God loves us so much, imagine what it would be like falling in love with Him. He loves you no matter who you are, don't ever doubt that.

No comments:

Post a Comment