Friday, February 25, 2011

Rain.


Today is a rainy day. Pouring rain for that matter. Its funny, on so many other days, I would say that I hate rain. I don’t like clouds and I don’t like most forms of any kind of precipitation. Mostly because I find it depressing, but I also just love the sun way too much. Something about warm sunlight and a stunningly blue sky gives me so much happiness and almost a comfort. Today I find myself thankful for the rain. Despite the clouds, despite the sandy snow that continues to shrink down and despite getting drenched as I walk from one building to the next, its okay. The rain is reminding me of God. How he both rains down on my life and in the life of his followers, and how he reigns in my life. No matter how many times I fail and sin and begin to shrivel and dry up, God comes in the midst of a storm and quenches my thirst, replenishes me and builds me back up. The funny thing is that he is always there to do that, and promises to do that, all we need to do is call his name… And yet I continually try to do things on my own. I get caught up in my own issues and stresses and situations of life, only to fall down in the end. Even after my ignorance and selfishness, he picks me up with grace that falls like rain, and I carry on.
So today, and every day, I will strive to find peace in the Lord raining and reigning in my life and I challenge you to do the same. You are a child of God, go dance in the rain and be refreshed. 

1 comment: