Sunday, January 2, 2011

Craving.


January already? Insane. I am almost half way through my college journey… whack. Winter break has been nothing short of refreshing. Being home with my family, seeing old friends and being in the town I have spent my 19 years of life in. I am so fortunate and blessed to be where I am, to have an education, a family, extended family within minutes of my house, better friends than I could ever ask for, my dogs, the beach, I have everything I need plus so much more…. And yet the past few days I have really been struggling with being unsatisfied with the life I am living. I’m not sure what has brought it on. Maybe too many days of doing nothing exciting, too much time sitting at home, too much time in Hamilton. Despite everything I have, I want something more. Don’t think I have figured this out and have some outstanding epiphany to share about this, because I don’t. I figured I'd write about it and maybe figure it out here. I had a talk with my brother yesterday, its funny because he was feeling the same way. He wanted change, something different. Tired of living life he does right now. He is only 15 with so much life ahead of him, and will only have to fight through the next couple years of high school and he is off to adventure the world of college. A couple years compared to the rest of his life is such a short time. I guess the same goes for me though, two more years of college then off to the real world, I can do all the adventuring I want. Grad school, doctors without borders, world vision, California… So much I want to do, I just wish I could do it now. Until then, I suppose I just really need to be praying and seeking God, finding satisfaction in Him, because I certainly wont find it in the world. If you are reading this and find you can relate, here are a few verses. I am going to challenge myself to find everything I need and more in the Lord, not in the lack of adventure and craziness in my life.

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.” Matthew 5:6

“Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” Psalm 107:8-9


I need to curb this craving with what only God can give me. I need to delight in the Lord. This unsatisfaction is worldly and superficial, two things I wont stand to be. God, help me to find whatever I'm searching for in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment