Thursday, January 13, 2011

Follow your heart.


It was almost this time last year (give or take a couple months) that I had a conversation with my dad that I will never forget. Whether he realizes it or not, he said something that really stuck with me. It was a really hard time in my life where I was faced with a really difficult decision. I was confused and lost and I really didn’t know which direction to run. When I’m feeling that way, my dad is always the best person to talk to for advice and the honest truth. When I was talking to him, one thing he said was this. If you are praying about something and seeking God, you just need to follow your heart and you really cant go wrong. It just hit home pretty hard. It was so true… as hard as any decision may be, if you are praying and seeking God about what to do, all you can do is follow your heart. This certainly is a lot easier said than done. It’s not easy to have that blind faith… not only in God but also in yourself. You really need to trust yourself and that gut feeling, because 9 times out of 10 it’s where you should be going. I wont go into it, but that decision I made was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I followed my heart and I followed where I heard God calling me. Did I have doubts? Absolutely. I over think most everything, its a character flaw I really need to work on. For a while I questioned myself, some days were harder than others where I thought I had made the wrong decision and ruined my future forever. But my thinking was out of line, because I did make the right decision for myself and although some days are hard even today, my life has changed drastically. A lot of things have changed over the past year and something pretty amazing is taking place as a result of the decision I made that day. I’m so excited to see where God is taking me and leading my life. The road ahead isn’t going to be easy, but it will certainly be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment