Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful.


I know its cliché, but this thanksgiving break I really did realize how much I have to be thankful for… Its insane. I have so much more than I need or deserve. Really, I live a life of luxury. I have a roof over my head, food, clothes, shoes on my feet and an education. There are so many people who don’t have enough clothes to keep them warm, no family or money and the only thing over their head is the covering of a cardboard box or the bridge they sleep under. I am so beyond blessed. Why do we only think about these things on thanksgiving? Why do we only take one day out of the year to think about everything we have to be thankful for? We should be living every day like its thanksgiving because no matter who you are, you have so much to be thankful for. Im sure there are a lot of things in your life that could be a lot better, but there are also things in your life that would leave you a lot worse off. Think about it. Take 1 minute to find 5 things you are thankful for. Even if they are silly.

1.     Faith
2.     Family
3.     Friends
4.     Coffee
5.     Winter break

Going back to my stop and think blog… stop and think, take a minute to be thankful. Reflect on all you are blessed with, and if its not overwhelming, take a second look. Things could always be better, but they could also be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment