Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dont Let It Get To You.

Today was the weirdest day. Well first off, it was my last day of work for a while. I like working at the Cheesecake, but it got to be too much and I didn’t have much of a life outside school and work. I’m psyched not to have to work for the next month or so. I get my life back!
Anyways. I started out the day fine, it was actually really great. There is a Dunkin Donuts in Beverly, and there is this one guy who works at the drive through window… Honestly one of the most enthusiastic people I have ever met! He is SO happy and bubbly. 
"GOOOOOD MORNING! What can I get for ya?!... Hazlenut regs? What else would ya like?... Aaaalrighty, come on down!" 
After you place your order seriously you drive away laughing cause he is so ridiculous. I feel kinda bad for thinking this... But I wonder sometimes if its really the way he is… is he usually that happy? Or is it a front? I know at work we have to at least pretend to be happy, but he works at Dunkins, and he is the only Dunkin Donuts worker I know with that kind of attitude. I hope its sincere cause I know it makes other people smile! It certainly made my morning. 
At work, I experienced the EXACT opposite. A simple mistake I made, made this woman go nutty, and she flipped out on me. It’s a long story, but she thought she was going to be waiting longer than a person who came in after her (which wasn’t the case) and then wanted to complain about me to a manager. For some reason, it really got to me. I even let it ruin the rest of my day at work. Hours later, looking back and thinking about what happened, Im kicking myself. Why did I let it affect me so much? Why does making someone feel bad make other people happy? Did this lady get pleasure out of making me upset? Well if she did, she won her game. I wish I didn’t let that happen. I guess it’s a lesson learned. There are some pretty nasty people who get pleasure out of making other people upset. I guess the best thing you can do is give them some of your happiness, even if you don’t feel happy yourself. Seems pretty impossible sometimes. Most of the time you want to spread your bad mood when your feeling angry, not happiness. That’s what is so amazing about being a Christian though. You find out that you really cant do things like that on your own strength all the time. Nobody can be that strong and nobody is expected to be that strong either. Somedays, you have to rely on God to strengthen you, to give you that extra push. It doesn’t just happen. You have to ask for it.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
The good book doesn’t lie! Ask for Gods strength and light. Even if its strength for something you think you can do on your own. Ask and it will be given to you! Something we certainly do not deserve by any means, but ask and there it is. I promise you can do anything ten times better with Him. Today I shouldn’t have let people of the world get me down. I should have turned right to God to give me the strength to get past it. That’s where my stubbornness kicks in. I wanted to be upset. Pretty stupid right? Something I have to work on I guess! What an honor it is to receive the strength of God. Crazy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment